The 8(a) STARS II GWAC is designed to promote small business utilization when purchasing information technology (IT) services or IT services-based solutions for the federal government. The 8(a) STARS II program is reserved exclusively for qualifying certified 8(a) small business concerns as the prime contractors per Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 19.8. 21 CRS was awarded as a Participating Company on the 8(a) STARS II GWAC on July 29, 2011.
The 8(a) STARS II design consists of two constellations (tiers) based on industry accreditations:
- Constellation I includes industry partners with competitive pricing and technical proficiency
- Constellation II includes industry partners who have competitive pricing, technical proficiency, and an additional industry credential, Competitive VETS, LLC adheres to ISO standards.
The scope of the contract is based on four Functional Areas (FA), each grounded in one of four NAICS codes and their respective definitions. A prospective task order for IT services or an IT services-based solution should be vetted with the NAICS code from the complete NAICS system that, in the judgment of the customer agency, is most closely connected with/that best prospectively fits the IT services-based outcome. If the best-fit NAICS code is one of the four listed below, it is a STARS II candidate opportunity. The Small Business GWAC Center can assist OCOs in making NAICS and FA selections.
- FA1: NAICS 541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
- FA2: NAICS 541512 – Computer Systems Design Services
- FA3: NAICS 541513 – Computer Facilities Management Services
- FA4: NAICS 541519 – Other Computer Related Services
If the work fits in a FA and a customer requires one of the designated credentials, it is a Constellation II opportunity; otherwise it is a Constellation I opportunity.
A potential task order’s scope may include project management associated with the IT service outcomes.
Benefits of GWACs
The key to the success of any IT project is communication between all stakeholders, the customer agency, industry partner and GWAC Center, and that’s exactly what is accomplished when using a GWAC. Acquiring technology solutions through a GWAC creates a customer-centric focus in meeting individual IT requirements because GWAC professionals are engaged to ensure requirements are met by leveraging current and emerging technologies.Additional features and benefits of GSA’s GWACs include:
- Available to all federal agencies
- Integrated technology solutions
- Worldwide contract coverage
- Premier industry partners represented
- Innovative cost-effective solutions
- Full range of contract types including fixed price (all types), cost reimbursement, time and material and labor hour
- Compliance with Section 863 of National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2009
- Quality customer service
- Pre-qualified pool of contractors
- Reduced acquisition lead time
- Streamlined ordering process
- Management, acquisition, and technical expertise
- Flexibility of IT scope
Competitive VETS, LLC Corporate Information:
- Dun and Bradstreet Number: 079605504
- Tax ID: 47-2192797
- CAGE Code: 776B0
STARS II Website